Image by Dani Vazquez
Children love the mystery of magic. With these easy card tricks, they can become like their favourite wizard or magician and create their very own magic! Once your little one has mastered these card tricks for kids, watch how their face lights up as they amaze their audience.
Magic Tricks for Kids
Magic doesn’t have to be difficult – once they know the secret behind one illusion, your little ones are bound to be able to master other simple magic tricks in no time.
Below, they can learn how to do two easy card tricks to wow their friends and family – they’ll have so much fun putting on their own show!
How to Do the Colour Card Trick
Sorting the cards by colour is the secret behind this trick.
- Separate the cards into black and red. Remember which colour you put on top. Do this before you start your performance, so that the audience doesn’t see.
- Fan out the top few cards and ask a member of your audience to pick a card from the top. Tell them to memorise their card.
- Then, fan out the bottom of the deck to allow them to put their card back in.
- Split the deck somewhere in the middle, and place the bottom half on the top to “shuffle” the cards. It doesn’t matter if the split isn’t exactly in the middle.
- To then magically find the card that was chosen, look through the deck. The colour of the one you want should be the only red card mixed in between the black cards, or vice versa.
- Pull out the card and announce, “Is this your card?” Your audience will be amazed with your brilliant mind reading skills!
How to Do the Jumping Cards Trick
This kids’ card trick is simple to perform, because all it depends on is a bit of sneaky preparation. You’ll need two decks of cards to start.
- Prepare your deck of cards by putting the seven of spades and the eight of clubs at the top of the deck. (You can use any two cards, but be sure to take the same ones from your second deck in the next step.)
- Next, take the seven of spades and the eight of clubs from the second deck and put them at the bottom of the original deck, which is the one you will use for your trick.
- Now it’s time to start your performance. Announce that you will make the cards jump from one of the deck to the other.
- Show your audience the two cards at the top of the deck and ask them to remember them. Then put the cards back on top.
- Tap the deck twice. You could use a magic wand here, just like a real magician – magic shops and toy stores usually stock these.
- Show your audience the bottom two cards from the deck. The seven of spades and the eight of clubs will have “magically” jumped to the bottom of the pack!
Check out our stain removal tips here.